By Adrian Cho
"An insider’s consultant to translating the inventive concepts of jazz to the company world.”
Scott Berkun, writer of The Myths of Innovation
What Can Your group examine From Jazz Musicians?
Experienced jazz musicians follow particular rules to collaborate, execute, and deal with switch in genuine time--delivering impressive innovation within the face of continuous strain and hazard. Now, jazz musician and collaboration specialist Adrian Cho indicates how one can use an analogous rules to dramatically increase any team’s performance.
Cho systematically introduces the Jazz strategy and demonstrates the way it can assist cross-functional groups increase teamwork, innovation, and execution. You’ll study new how you can inspire and combine robust person contributions from passionate and devoted practitioners, and provides them greatest autonomy whereas ensuring your project’s “music” by no means degenerates into chaotic “noise.”
Through a number of case reports, Cho indicates you ways high-performance groups in achieving their success.
• grasp 5 center rules of operating in groups: use simply enough principles, hire best expertise, placed the crew first, construct belief and admire, and commit with passion
• identify a pragmatic framework for powerful, non-stop execution
• Collaborate extra successfully with staff contributors, shoppers, shoppers, companions, and suppliers
• grasp the necessities of crew execution: listening for switch, prime on call for, performing transparently, and making each contribution count
• lessen the “friction” linked to collaboration--and bring up the synergy
• Use shape, pace, pulse, and groove to keep up optimistic momentum
• know about the significance of fit tasks and teams
• Innovate by means of changing principles and taking the correct measured risks
• for each practitioner, chief, and supervisor drawn to improving results